The small temple of Het-Hert built by Ramesses II is located in Memphis
outside the Ptah complex at its southernmost corner. This area is now called Kom
el-Rabi'a and unfortunately, there is not much remaining.
The remains of the Temple of Het-Hert at Memphis (Men-nefer)
Photograph courtesy of James Whitfield
During the Old Kingdom Het-Hert at Memphis was identified with the
tree-goddess, and her title there was "Mistress of the Southern Sycamore."
In the ancient language of Egypt, this is nbt nht rst
("nebet nehet reset").
Het-Hert capital from remains of the Temple of Ptah at Memphis,
from Freed's Ramses II: The Great Pharaoh and His Time
Buhl, Marie-Louise, "The Goddesses of the Egyptian Tree Cult,"
Journal of Near Eastern Studies 6 (1947).
Wilkinson, Richard, The Complete Temples of Ancient Egypt
Text and original graphics
copyright © 1999-2007 by Neferuhethert. All rights reserved. All graphics which are not
original works have been credited to their source or used with permission, and their
copyright remains the property of the source cited. No use of any original written or
graphical material is allowed in any form whatsoever without prior written
permission. Questions should be directed to neferuhethert at aol.com. This is a
non-profit website for educational purposes only. Last updated 01/27/10.